When I first started marketing online it was pretty all over the place. I spent hours on social networks and easily got distracted by things that ate up a bunch of time and ended up with zero results. This is why over the last two year I have been developing my own content planner to follow. I have been using this and altering it for the last two years and figured I should share it with all of you!
The first thing I will go over are the three core types of content I produce on various social networks. Those three items are Engaging, Promotional and Blog posts. I separated out blog posts simply because while it is it’s own entity it ends up being promoted across all social platforms. Lets dive into each of the three areas and the ideas for posts.
I also setup a daily planner for each of the social networks that you can download for free via the following links.
I would highly recommend using Tailwind when setting up your campaigns you can join Tailwind free by clicking here.
- Motivational Quote
- Ask question related to your niche
- Share personal insights about niche and ask for feedback
- Take a poll
- Re-share someone else content that is sparking a lot of interest
- Share a favorite resource and ask for feedback or alternatives others use
- Share webinars or events you’re hosting
- Seasonal, Holiday or vacation
- Show off your products and services you offer
- Offer a discount for a limited time
- Share a free gift or resource ( the best way to gain new traction is to give something away for free)
- Giveaway or contest
- Share a failure and how a product turned that around for you
- Case study related to your product
- Sneak peaks to build excitement of a new product
- How-to Post (with video)
- Tips from previous posts and create a info graphic
- re-share an older post that did well and is still relevant
- Create a post round the poll you took
- Consider doing a live video or training